Inception

You've already seen this movie, or if not then you've already heard about it ad nauseum, and if not...well, read on.

I love mindfuck movies, so I had high hopes for Inception. Those hopes werent't cruelly dashed, they were just...not met, exactly.

The conceit is great. Lucid dreams within lucid dreams, cum caper, cum love story. My problem with the movie is the casting.

I'm the first one to admit I have a problem. My problem is that if I first get to know an actor as a child, it's hard to take them seriously as an adult. So that's my problem with Leonardo DiCaprio.

No it's not. My problem with Leo is I just don't like him. Sorry, Leo.

So...most of the cast was good. The only ones I really had a problem with were Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Ellen Page, both fine actors I'm sure, but both of them are twelve years old. Not really very believable.

[In that Jim Gaffigan soft voice: "Believable"? What the hell is he talking about? He's worried about "believable" in this movie, of all movies?]

Whatever. On to the reason I write this stuff: the women. So, only two women in this picture, the aforementioned Ellen Page. Rejected, on the grounds already explained. And Marion Cotillard. And frankly, although she's a grownup, she doesn't do a thing for me.