Tristam Shandy: A Cock and Bull Story

I recently watched The Trip, and loved it. English countryside, talented comedians, sexual anguish. Maybe you've seen the "duelling Michael Caines" part:

But there are no women to speak of in The Trip, so I'm not reviewing it (because there are very few scenes with women). I just mention it because it led me to the movie I am reviewing. I had high hopes for Tristam Shandy, because it stars the same two incredibly funny guys who were in The Trip. But after about ten minutes in, I gave up. I am old, and I don't have time to waste, and I'm increasingly aware of opportunity costs. Two hours watching I movie I don't love is two hours I could be spending doing lots of more entertaining stuff.

And, listen to this: Tristam Shandy features two of my absolute favorite women: the achingly beautiful Kelly Macdonald and the gorgeous and classy Gillian Anderson, and I still gave it a pass.